- The iMaptools developed a routing engine prototype. It was a fully functional proof of concept, but needs significant additional work to be a fully functional. We have since decided that it made more sense to team up with the OpenSource pgRouting project. We are currently on the projects Project Steering Committee (PSC) and have developed with client funding a new algorithm that have been donated back to the community. We are an active participant in the pgRouting community.
- We have a Traveling Salesman solver written in C that also has a Perl module wrapper for it. It could be wrapped for other languages also. Read more ...
- We have also developed drive time analysis algorithms that can be used to create isochron polygons. While this is also available in pgRouting, our options can be used without pgRouting.
- We have worked with clients to develop new algorithms and features in pgRouting like the turn restricted shortest path (TRSP) algorithm. We have integrated Navteq data into pgRouting and adapted our driving directions module for use with that data. We are happy to work with clients on other projects like this.
Tools for Navteq Data
- We have worked extensively with Navteq data and have tools that make it easy to process Navteq quarterly updates for use with our Reverse Geocoder, SQL Geocoder, mapping solution, and for integration with pgRouting including support for turn restrictions and driving directions. We can develop custom tools to meet your needs. Contact us for more information and to discuss your requirements.
- We created demographic profiles for some of our clients. This represents a small subset of the 100GB database of the 2000 Census summary file information. These subsets can be used to establish simplified profiles of areas. These are used for targeting potential store locations, targeted mailings, or evaluating real estate markets to mention a few common uses.